|✔||Purloin Guest List|
|✔||Seduce Target||2||conversation circles|
|✔||Contact Double Agent||2||suspected double agents|
|✔||Inspect Statues||3||statue inspections|
|Special map features|
|Frosted glass obscures view in some places|
| Quickplay hash: |
High-rise is a SpyParty map. It is an apartment in a luxury high-rise building with a balcony, with both indoor and outdoor play areas. It also features two panes of frosted glass; vague shapes can be seen through them, but details are obscured. The glass stops the sniper's laser, though the beam can be seen striking the glass from the other side. The sniper can shoot through the glass, as well.
It was designed to be larger than Balcony but smaller than Ballroom in order to properly accommodate the ten "new art" characters to use as a demonstration and tutorial map for PAX 2014. It was initially created in the "programmer art" style, and after gameplay tuning it was updated to the new art style for PAX. Unlike most maps, the old art style version of High-rise was removed from the game when the modern version was introduced.
Mission Specifics Edit
- Bug Ambassador: The back of the rear conversation circle can make for a good bugging location.
- Contact Double Agent: The sniper can watch both conversation circles at once.
- Transfer Microfilm: A plant on the left makes it more difficult to see what is happening at the nearby bookcase, though a sniper that is staring at it will still be able to see what's going on, especially if they move right a bit. A pillar and the frosted glass can partially obstruct the other bookcase from certain vantage points.
- Swap Statue: There are three statue clusters, one on each side of a frosted glass pane, and one at the far right near the blue bookcase, behind the other frosted glass pane. The latter obliges the sniper to move to the short side to get a better view of those statues, but doing so makes another cluster become obscured behind the other frosted glass pane. The three outside statues are obscured if the sniper moves all the way to the left, but most of the time they are easily seen.
- Inspect Statues: To complete all three inspects with a single statue visit, the spy must go to the central statue in the cluster on the balcony, which is nearly always in good view of the sniper. The other clusters have only two statues each; the one on the far right tends to be harder for the sniper to see.
- Seduce Target: There are two conversation circles and numerous other pads in close proximity, making it fairly easy to get a good flirt position.
- Purloin Guest List: The sniper's low viewing angle makes it difficult for them to see the guest list without zooming in, making it more likely that they'll miss the purloin.
- Fingerprint Ambassador: The map's many statues provide increased opportunities for fingerprinting.
Standard Quickplays Edit
- Beginner High-rise: Known 4, 10 guests, 4:00
- Intermediate High-rise: Any 3/5, 10 guests, 4:00
- Spy-rise: Any 4/8, 10 guests, 3:30
- Sniper-rise: Any 4/7, 10 guests, 3:30
- Short and Suite: Any 3/5, 10 guests, 3:30
| Balcony • Ballroom • Courtyard • Gallery • High-rise • Library • Moderne • Pub • Terrace • Veranda